Wednesday 24 March 2010

Seller Spotlight: Pink Tiger Textiles


Seller Spotlight: Pink Tiger Textiles @ Etsy


* Tell me a little about yourself?
Hello, my name is Anna and I'm currently based in Hull, East Yorkshire.

* What is your shop name and what do you sell?
My shop name is Pink Tiger Textiles and I sell textile related goodies. Embroidered wall hangings are my speciality but I also dabble in illustration and accessories.

* What inspires you to create?
Lots of things I guess, could be a piece of fabric I've found that has a great print on it that I know I could turn into a great product, or something I've read about or seen. I think animals are a big inspiration for me, I like to try and create characters from them!

* What is your favourite item from your shop?
I have a couple of favourites so it's hard to choose but I would have to say this item is my fave (below). I think it is because of the time it took, there's a lot of embroidery involved..so it feels worth the effort!


* How and where do you promote your shop?
I promote my shop on Facebook

* What do you find to be the biggest challenge of running your own shop?
The time it takes to promote! At first I thought Etsy would be easy, I'd just add items to sell and they would, but now I know that you really have to put the time in to actively go on the forums and promote your wares.

* What advice would you offer to new sellers?
To promote! haha, that and have fun and try not to get too upset if you haven't had a sale in a while...it can be disheartening but Etsy is a big place!

Fun Questions -
* Favourite Colour? It changes quite a bit but I do love Navy blue :)

* Favourite Book? The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

* Favourite Music? I like lots of different genres of music, but at the moment my favourite band is Friendly Fires. They're amazing live!

* Favourite Season? Autumn, the season I was born in and I just think it's so inspiring!

* Favourite independant sellers? There's a little shop near me in Hull called Pollyanna which is great, it sells lots of cute and interesting gifts, a lot of them handmade by local people too. On Etsy I love Polkadotscloud, really quirky illustrations!

---

Thank you Anna for taking part in this week's seller spotlight!

If you would like to be featured on an upcoming spotlight, feel free to send me an email here: titchables(at)gmail(dot)com. I welcome any kinds of artists/sellers so do get in touch!

2 comments:

artangel said...

This is a great series - lovely to find out a bit more about Anna!

Pinkrain - Mafalda Laezza said...

Thanks Anna for telling you love my etsy shop!I'm so happy you appreciate my creations. I love your embroidered wall art too! :)