Friday 31 December 2010

Crochet Gingerbread House

Well I managed it! I finished the crochet gingerbread house. Not until Boxing day unfortunately but I'm very proud of it! I went a bit photo happy but I hope you like looking at it!

Such a happy little house!

The tree. Took me about 3 tries to get it started but I got there in the end!

The side. I decided to use regular pom poms instead of crocheting them. Saved a bit of time and I loved how cute they look!

It took me a while to glue it all together. In the end I sewed a lot of it together first so it would hold, especially when connecting the roof to the main house.

Another look at the side.

The back.

And the roof! This was the hardest part and took the longest. The pattern said to do french knots in red but as I had a lot of tiny red poms I thought I'd sew those on instead!
I feel a bit lost now not having a project to work on! Though I did get Twinkie Chan's crochet pattern book for Christmas so I will be making a start on some of her awesome scarves in the new year!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks absolutely brilliant - well done! I am going to try crochet this year - one of my resolutions!! (one of many!)
Happy New Year

Dotty said...

It is absolutely delightful- you must be so pleased.

Mrs Twins said...

I agree its beautiful.
Nice to have it crocheted too.
you can bring this out every year!
Wonderful piece of work.
Hugs Suex