Saturday 7 August 2010

Vintage Books


I thought today I would show you my little collection of vintage books. I don't buy every one I see (obviously! Otherwise this pile would be huge) but I do pick up one's that either catch my eye (ie the cover is pretty), has pretty pictures inside or just has an interesting text. You can normally pick up some fantastic vintage books at car boot sales, which is where I got my last two (the one's in between the blue books). They were listed at £2 each, but the seller let me have them for £2 for the pair! They are really interesting, they are part 1 and 2 of a set of encyclopedia. It really is fun to see how differently things were done in the early 1900's.

As you can see I have a few "how to" guides, medical dictionaries (I really love these) and a few children's story books. I never look for anything specific, I just like picking up a new one every now and then to add to my collection!


The book above is my pride and joy. It belonged to my Grandmother and as the book is dated at 1938 I imagine she got it as a present. In fact there's an inscription inside saying "To Mavis Fletton, love Auntie Lizzie." My Grandad gave it to me when my Grandma died and I will treasure it forever. :)

No comments: