Thursday 16 September 2010

Learning to machine sew!


Sorry for the lack of blogging. I'm still not feeling 100% and haven't felt very inspired to write anything here for the past few days. I do however feel the need to talk about my new toy!

My Nan is up visiting (well looking after me, sort of!) and a while back she gave me one of her sewing machines. I never managed to get on very well with it, so this time she brought her newer one and I've had a go and she's agreed to give me the new one which you can see above! I'm so excited. I've already made a few bits for the shop with it and I'm looking forward to encorporating machine stitches into my work soon!

I've also been spending my recovery time sewing up lots of Christmas ornaments. I've very nearly finished the first batch so they should make it to the shops soon. I'm also planning stage 2 of my Christmas products which is fun! It's a bit weird doing Christmas in September but now that I'm seeing festive products in the shops I don't feel too odd sewing up puddings and reindeer!

No comments: