Saturday 4 September 2010

Down time

Just a little announcement to say that on Monday I am going into hospital for some keyhole surgery. I have been having uh... lady trouble for the last few months and after lots of scans and tests, it's been found that I have a (still growing) cyst in my left ovary which I am going to have removed.

I've never had surgery before or gone under general anaesthetic so I'm not sure how my body's going to cope. I've been told I may get to go home the same day, or it might be Tuesday - it will just depend on how well I feel.

As such, I am going to keep all the shops open. I won't be able to move around much for a few days but my mum is going to be on post office duty for me so deliveries will be kept up to date - however just to note that there might be a 1-3 day delay in sending orders.

I intend to be able to get online when I'm home (all snuggled up in bed) to let you know how I am and a status update on the orders (if there are any!).

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Sending healing thoughts for a quick recovery. :)

Steph said...

Hope it goes well. :)

Unknown said...

Good luck! I had the same lady trouble last year when I was doing my degree. It was during a kidney scan (I hav a stupid kidney - I can't drink alcohol, there's been dialysis etc) they discovered 21 cysts on my ovaries and 2 tumours.
Those bad boys had to go but after the operation (not keyhole don't worry) I got an infection and that brought on m.e we think. I am the unluckiest person with health I have ever known. And I don't mean terrible illnesses like.. Just one thing after another! That last ovary ordeal was a bit of a blessing in disguise. Well the cfs part. Since I haven't been allowed to work I got immersed into crafting when possible and now a lot of my dreams and goals have changed!

Good luck - if u can get lidocane patches from somewhere those are the best for sticking to ur tummy. I just had hot water bottles attached to me for days!
There's no rush on my etsy order.

Anonymous said...

Take care, and good luck
xxoo leanna

Unknown said...

I hope all goes well and i'm sure you will be up and running in no time x

Take Care
Sue

Kate said...

Hope it all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Maxabella said...

I popped over from the RikRak competition and I'm so sorry to hear your news. I'll look forward to hearing in the next couple of days that everything has gone well for you.

Lovely blog. x