Wednesday 5 May 2010

Seller Spotlight: Lillies & Daisies


Seller Spotlight: Lillies and Daises

* Tell me a little about yourself? My name is Anna and I live in South Wales with my lovely partner of 7 years Jamie and we have two beautiful daughters. I work as a nurse and spend the rest of my spare time (there isn't much of it!) working on my new venture.

* What is your shop name and what do you sell? My shop is called Lilies and Daisies. The name came from both of my daughters. I create, make and sell gifts and accessories, which are vintage inspired. The main items featured in all my shops at the moment are: magnets, badges and mirrors; fabric button rings, hair grips and earrings; felt flower hair slides and corsages and cabochon rings.

* What inspires you to create? I have grown up with a sewing teacher mum who now runs her own business dressmaking. Sewing has always been part of my life, I have always been covered with bits of thread and fabric!! Recently I have seen lots of items on the high street of poor quality and high prices and knew I could do better. I have only been doing this since December and I am surprised how well received my items have been. The feedback I get from customers is my biggest inspiration and motivation. It gives you such a brilliant feeling.

* What is your favourite item from your shop? My favourite items change on a daily basic. I love the cabochon rings I have started selling, and they are right on trend for this season (and much cheaper than the high street).

* How and where do you promote your shop? I haven't been doing this for long, so my items have been seen on eBay, Etsy and Folksy. I have lots of return customers, which is great. I have found that my blog attracts new customers, and love the fact they can comment on what I am doing. I hope in the future to have more time to promote further.

* What do you find to be the biggest challenge of running your own shop? The most popular answer - time. There never seems to be enough time to list everything I want.

* What advice would you offer to new sellers? Don't give up. It is difficult getting the first sale, but often you find that there are quiet and busy periods. Make sure your photos are good. Customers can't pick up items like on the high street so make sure they can see the quality of your items.

Fun Questions -
* Favourite Colour? Would have to be pink with two daughters!
* Favourite Book? I love reading. Greatest classic would have to be Pride and Prejudice. Favourite recent books would be 'The House at Riverton' by Kate Morton and 'Random Acts of Heroic Love' by Danny Scheinman.
* Favourite Music? Listening to 'Marina and the Diamonds' at the moment.
* Favourite Season? Spring. I don't like hot weather so Spring is perfect with the breeze.
* Favourite independant sellers? Adore Gracies Garden Bazaar at Folksy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im so pleased anna is getting featured!! Loving this blog too :)