Wednesday 12 May 2010

Seller Spotlight: Cute Designs


Seller Spotlight: Cute Designs @ Etsy

* Tell me a little about yourself? My name is Donna and I live in the UK near London. I work full time but try to squeeze in as much crafting as I can in my spare time because that's what I love doing most. :) I am a bit obsessed with cute and kawaii things. Away from crafting I love video games (in particular my Nintendo DS and Wii), animals, music and tv/films.

* What is your shop name and what do you sell? My shop name is Cute Designs and I sell little plush creations that I design myself. Most are amigurumi crochet but there are some felt ones too.

* What inspires you to create? My biggest inspiration is my love of cute! I just love cute plush things in particular and always thinking of new things to make. Everything around me is an inspiration. I love animals so they feature heavily in my designs. :)

* What is your favourite item from your shop? Oh no! This is such a tough question!! Do I really have to choose? *goes away and ponders a bit*


OK I think I would say little Amigurumi Marvin the Monkey. I designed and made Marvin about two years ago now I think and he just seemed to be loved by so many people and made me feel really proud. Marvin now has lots of monkey friends to play with in various colours, they all look so cute together.

* How and where do you promote your shop? I'm a bit lazy promoting my shop mainly due to time. I spend all day on a computer at work so try not to spend too much time on one when I get home. But I do have my main website, a blog, facebook page and twitter. My website, Blog, Twitter and Facebook.

* What do you find to be the biggest challenge of running your own shop? Time I think and fitting it all in. I work full time and this makes my crafting time very precious to me.

* What advice would you offer to new sellers? I think the most important thing I could advise is to keep it fun! Enjoy what you do. The main reason I keep doing this is because I love making cute plushies! Simple as that. I think you can get a bit overwhelmed at times with orders and photography and trying to get pictures to look good, and promoting and links and listing items and more promotion etc etc. I just want to make things. :)

Fun Questions -
* Favourite Colour? Blue!
* Favourite Book? Harry Potter. :) (And if you're making me choose then it would be Prisoner of Azkaban).
* Favourite Music? I love rock music more than anything else!
* Favourite Season? Winter.
* Favourite independant sellers? I've always been in awe of kittypinkstars. I just think she makes the most cutest plush and is so talented. And I also must mention siansburys. One of the best and talented sock monkey makers I've ever seen. :D When I first joined etsy back in 2007 those two were there and very welcoming to me too.

1 comment:

cutedesigns said...

Thanks for featuring me on your blog. :)