Wednesday 14 April 2010

Seller Spotlight: Rustic Rainbow!


Seller Spotlight: RusticRainbow @ Etsy


* Tell me a little about yourself?
My name is Jennifer. I am 30 years young. I live in the central Pa mountains. I have a loving and supportive husband. I have 3 rescued animals. 2 dogs and cat whose names are Max,Dazey and Stinky.

* What is your shop name and what do you sell?
RusticRainbow. I create whimsical felt adornments and wall decor

* What inspires you to create?
I have had many types of crafts that ive loved,but making felt goods are by far my favorite art form! it alows me to combine many of the loves I have in the craft world,such as fabrics,felt,embroidering,beading,combining colors. It all wraps into this wonderful and fullfilling art form!

* What is your favourite item from your shop?
The item that I create at the present time.


* How and where do you promote your shop?
I promote my shop in Etsy forums and chatooms. I use twitter. My username is Barefootchickie on Facebook!

* What do you find to be the biggest challenge of running your own shop?
Having Patience!

* What advice would you offer to new sellers?
Dont ever give up on yourself! If you arent selling or its just not working out,figure out why and do something about it! Be unique and find your niche. Make items that stand out. For instance if something sees something of yours,they should know you made it before seeing that you made it? know what I mean?
Take a camera class if you need better photos,they are the main thing that people have to go by before they buy something,so you really do need good item photos. Learn how to network and make friends with other shop owners.

Fun Questions -
* Favourite Colour? Rainbow!
* Favourite Book? Any books having to do with crafts and also Aromathereapy and essential oils
* Favourite Music? Underground Hippie Jam bands
* Favourite Season? Spring time
* Favourite independant sellers? Titchables.Etsy.com (*Wink*) (Titchables note: No, I am not bribing anyone - honest!), Birchhillhappenings.com Essemtial oil supplies. I love any shops that I can find wonderful supplies for my items!

Thank you Jennifer for taking part!!

---

If you are an independant seller and would like to be featured on "seller spotlight" in the future, please send me an email: titchables(at)gmail(dot)com!

No comments: