Saturday 22 August 2009

Cupcakes

I'm starting to plan some Christmas gifts (perhaps a little early, but I'm very rubbish when it comes to making things and do everything last minute, and often miss the deadline!).I'm thinking of making one of those bags I just made for my Nan, and then some crocheted cupcakes for my Pap. We have some around the house (bought one's), and he always seems impressed with them.

So I spent a good portion of the afternoon looking for a good pattern. I settled on this one: http://bittersweetblog.wordpress.com/2007/08/14/bake-me-a-cake/ and set to work. After several frustrating tries, I finally got it done. Though I'm not sure I like it, lol. Think I will need to work up several patterns and see which one works the best. I do love the yarn I used for the frosting though, it's Patons DK smoothie and it really is smooth. Shame my LYS doesn't do more of it!

No comments: